Recommended for Grade 1. 234 pages.
The Level A Student Worktext contains 36 lessons, each six pages in length. The lessons are designed for five days of instruction.
- Day 1: "Engage" - students observe, describe and discuss;
- Day 2: "Inform" - includes content to be read aloud by the student and/or instructor;
- Day 3: "Expand" - students conduct an experiment to reinforce concepts learned in the previous two days;
- Day 4 : "Expand" - students review the results of the hands-on activity and answer higher-level cognitive questions (explain, compare, predict) about the scientific principles they have learned;
- Day 5: "Assess" - students complete a brief quiz to demonstrate mastery of the concepts and help aid long-term retention.
Lessons 1-9: Life Science
Lessons 10-18: Earth Science
Lessons 19-36: Physical Science
Concepts studied include: plant structure, life cycles, solar system, surface tension, sound and density, and more. A full list of lessons is available in the Level A Scope & Sequence.
Item #: 40100
This Student Worktext is 100% recyclable.