customerservice@AReasonFor.comPO Box 1000Siloam Springs, AR 72761800.447.4332
Spelling Placement Test C
"Number your paper from one to twenty. I will say the word once, use the word in a sentence, then say the word again. Write the word beside the correct number on your paper."
We began to eat.
The children said hello to us.
We traveled north.
This place is pretty.
The window broke in the storm.
The sudden noise scared us.
This does not belong to me.
He was in a rush to get home.
That was a funny sight.
My bird is in a cage.
I was the seventh in line.
She ran around the track.
My paper is torn.
Dad's new job keeps him busy.
She has a cheerful smile.
He left the door open.
The new song is fun to sing.
My braces make my mouth sore.
I can't tell the twins apart.
I will be able to go with them.
If the student correctly spells 17 to 20 words:
• Assign the student to the Level C program.
• Encourage the student to work independently.
• Assign all challenge activities.
• Use the supplemental activities (1 per week) from Appendix A.
If the student correctly spells 8 to 16 words:
• Allow occasional opportunities to work independently.
• Regularly offer challenge activities.
If the student correctly spells 0 to 7 words:
• Administer the Level B placement test.
• Based on the results, you may either:
a) Assign the Level B worktext, or
b) Assign the Level C worktext,
but use regular lessons only without the Challenge Activities.