customerservice@AReasonFor.comPO Box 1000Siloam Springs, AR 72761800.447.4332
Spelling Placement Test B
"Number your paper from one to twenty. I will say the word once, use the word in a sentence, then say the word again. Write the word beside the correct number on your paper."
I bought a new hat.
The men are working hard.
The frog jumped into the pond.
We have a box of toys.
They must be tired.
She will be late for school.
I keep wishing it was my birthday.
I hope you turned in your paper.
Today is my birthday!
The car is shiny and clean.
I like to play outside.
The bird hops across the yard.
He has some books to read.
This food is very good.
The world is round.
The toy is for him.
The dish has fruit in it.
Let's come back tomorrow.
I think this is a fun game.
Are you done reading that story?
If the student correctly spells 17 to 20 words:
• Assign the student to the Level B program.
• Encourage the student to work independently.
• Assign all challenge activities.
• Use the supplemental activities (1 per week) from Appendix A.
If the student correctly spells 8 to 16 words:
• Allow occasional opportunities to work independently.
• Regularly offer challenge activities.
If the student correctly spells 0 to 7 words:
• Administer the Level A placement test.
• Based on the results, you may either:
a) Assign the Level A worktext, or
b) Assign the Level B worktext,
but use regular lessons only without the Challenge Activities.
• Encourage completion of all phonics activities (1 per day)
before beginning the regular lessons.